General Data Protection Regulations, May 2018
Following changes in data protection law – namely the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – we are presenting our Privacy Statement below. In order to help you understand what these changes mean for you, this Privacy Statement explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
- We will only collect and retain relevant and essential data.
- We will store your information safely and securely, protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- We will ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We will destroy your information securely when requested.
- We will endeavour to keep your personal data up to date.
- We will comply fully with our obligations under the GDPR.
Our eMailing List
- We use a basic, manual email for our emailing list.
- We ask you to provide your name and email address when signing up to our emailing list.
- We use this information to tell you about events at Lam Rim Bristol and to provide you with news and information about Lam Rim Bristol.
- We may also use this information to inform you about other Lam Rim Centres and any events with which Lam Rim Bristol is associated.
- We do not pass on your personal information to anyone else.
- You will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe in every Newsletter we send.
Our Postal Mailing List
- We may ask for your postal address if we have printed information for you under the same categories listed for email.
- We may send you greetings or information from time to time via this address.
- You can let us know at email@example.com if you no longer wish to receive these communications.
- When you get in touch via the contact forms on the website, you provide your name and email address.
- We use this information to reply to your enquiry. We do not pass on your personal information to anyone else.
- We delete each form entry or resultant email as soon as the enquiry has been dealt with.
- This website may contain links to external websites managed and maintained by external organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, cookie policies or the content of such websites or of other third parties.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Find out how we process your personal data.
- Request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate.
- Obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data.
- Ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes.
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
- Obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
We hope the information above will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is possible that we will need to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes, but you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
Last Updated on 13th October 2019